Why Pitch at Ultra Light Startups?
To increase your chances of success
- To get practical, actionable feedback on your startup
- To meet top VCs and angel investors
- To win prizes (see below)
Everyone selected to pitch gets:
- Investor presentation training from CEO coach and investor pitch/fundraising expert Mac Lipscomb
- Exposure to an audience of 200+ startup community members – investors, founders, executives, developers, media, etc
- Exposure to 4 top early-stage tech investors on our panel. Each panelist is required to give constructive, actionable advice on your pitch.
- Several startups have received angel investments directly from investors sitting in the audience at our events.
In addition, the following prizes are provided by Ultra Light Startups sponsors and media partners…
The top 3 startups win prizes including:
- An automatic bid to pitch at New York Angels, New York’s oldest and largest angel investor network. New York Angels has invested over $45 million in more than 70 venture companies.
- Top three ULS winners would get a first round interview with StartFast Venture Accelerator. MDs Chuck Stormon and Nasir Ali. Both Chuck and Nasir are serial entrepreneurs and angel investors.
- $1,000 in Amazon Web Services credit to cover storage, compute, networking, and database costs
- 1 hour of free legal consultation with VLP Law Group LLP
- A $150 credit toward a professionally designed investor pitch deck, by New Haircut
The top startup gets:
- $20,000 in credits on Google Cloud Platform
- An automatic first-round interview for the next class of Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator or DreamIt Ventures, two of New York’s top seed accelerator programs
- One hour of mentorship with super bootstrapper, Dennis Mortensen. Dennis founded and sold his last two companies to Yahoo and Outbrain.
- Two free hours of consulting with the organizers of the New York Inbound Marketing Professionals Meetup.
- One month of free co-working at the NYU Poly Incubator at 137 Varick St.