Pitch contest winners: DailySecret, Qrio.us, Nelbee
Panelists (alphabetic order)
- Gil Beyda (@gilbeyda), Founder & Managing Partner at Genacast Ventures
- Brad Harrison (@bradharrison1), Managing Partner at BHV and Partner at Point Capital Partners
- Edward Reitler, Founder at ARC Angel Fund, Senior Partner at Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt
- Michael Yavonditte (@mikeyavo), Venture Partner at ff Ventures, CEO at Hashable
- Lior Messinger - Medicasting
- Ankur Jain - Gift Side Story
- Derek Webster - LocalBonus
- Edward Valentini – Nelbee (3rd place)
- John Federico - Qrious (2nd place)
- James Saadi - Automato
- Phaedra Chrousos - Daily Secret (1st place)
- Gene DeRose - Want.it
- Satjot Sawhney - ShareRebate
- Graham Lawlor – BrightMap
Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown is designed to:
- Help early stage startups refine their investor pitch
- Provide helpful, actionable advice on each startups business model from active, early-stage tech startup investors
- Demonstrate to the audience how investors evaluate startup pitches
- Award prizes to the most viable startups, based on audience and panel voting.
The three winning startups are automatically invited to pitch to the NY Angels.
Every startup pitching receives free pitch coaching from Indicate Media.
At the Investor Feedback Forum, the panel and the startup pitches are integrated into a single session. Startups pitch to a panel of early-stage technology investors. Each startup gives a pitch and brief demonstration of his/her product. The panel and audience ask follow-up questions after each pitch. The panel gives constructive feedback to each startup pitching. At the end of the series of pitches, the audience votes for their favorite pitches via Twitter. The winners are announced and prizes are awarded. Then we go for drinks nearby.
- Graham Lawlor (@generationg), Founder of Ultra Light Startups
- David Carlos, Founder of David Carlos Managed Information Architects