The Email Mafia
Thursday, November 4
- 0:00 Interviews (Chris McCann, Peter Shankman)
- 9:30 Introductions
- 15:30 Pitches
- 1:09:00 Interviews (Cynthia Franklin, Matt Wilson, Jason Baptiste, Fredrik Maroe, Joseph Rosenberg)
- 1:28:30 Panel – The Email Mafia
- Who are these email-based media startups and why are they so profitable?
- How did panelist Peter Shankman launch HARO and sell it for (reported) $20 million in two years with no external capital?
- Why email is such an effective distribution platform for bootstrapped startups?
- What types of content are most effective in email and how to create it?
- Secrets to growing your list fast
- Maintaining reader engagement – open rates, click rates, social sharing, evangelism
- Revenue models for email startups – what is most effective?
- Technology platforms for email (composition, distribution, analytics, etc)
- And much more…
- Graham Lawlor, Founder of Ultra Light Startups
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Jason Baptiste, Founder of PadPressed Co-author of OnStartups.com
- Greg Cangialosi, CEO and Founder of Blue Sky Factory
- Chris McCann, CEO and Co-founder of Startup Digest
- Peter Shankman, Founder of Help A Reporter Out (HARO)
Slides from panel on The Email Mafia.